Joana Lastres, DMD
I am passionate about each patient’s overall wellbeing. A healthy life begins with optimal oral health: the diet we adopt, the activity level we maintain, and the oral hygiene we practice. It’s essential children learn why it’s important to care about their dental health and the best ways to keep their mouth clean and in top shape.
My passion for my patients is a direct result of my caring about them as if they were my own children. I love how each child brings their own excitement, energy, and imagination to the office: my days are vibrant and joyful because of my patients.
I love teaching children and parents about dental health, empowering and encouraging their independence. In turn, my patients teach me. From the minute they sit in the chair and begin to tell me about their fun-filled day, their adventures, and their hopes and dreams, my world broadens. Each child makes me a better dentist, and a better person. Dr. Joana Lastres
Fantasea Pediatric Dentistry
Our team is the strength of the practice. They’re specially trained, with many years of practical experience. Each team member is compassionate, empathetic, and energetic. We thrive on the rapport that grows between our patients, their parents, and us: nothing makes us happier than being a positive part of a child’s life!
Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Board Certified Pediatric Dentist, Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Specialty Certificate, Temple University Hospital Episcopal Division, Chief Dental Resident
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine, Temple University School of Dentistry, Magna Cum Laude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences, Florida International University, Magna Cum Laude
Keeping up-to-date with current research, technology, and methodologies ensures Dr. Lastres provides her patients with the best care. In addition to her post-graduate training in hospitals and clinical settings, Dr. Lastres takes many hands-on courses and attends lectures, seminars, and conferences.
Dr. Lastres is a member in good standing of the:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Florida Dental Association
- Florida Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
Beyond the Practice
A Miami native, Dr. Lastres and her husband Dr. Alvarez, who’s also a dentist, now call Naples their home. They share their life with their almost two years old daughter Jade, and fur baby, Sabrina, a French bulldog. When she’s not in the office or studying the latest advancements in pediatric dentistry, Dr. Lastres enjoys teaching at the University of Florida, Naples Pediatric Dental Residency Program as a part time adjunct professor. In addition, she and her husband enjoy spending time at the beach, exploring new cuisines, and being with their family and friends.